Monday 20 September 2010

We want to hear from

Following the recent Llamas reunion, I had a trawl through the old site (I’ve still got its final incarnation on my computer) and thought I’d update one of the old features. I think the idea was nicked from some football magazine in the first place, so this is a re-hash of an idea we nicked from someone else. Nothing new under the sun, as they say.

We want to hear from:
  • Garry Bagnell’s geography teacher – Ofsted want a word with you.
  • The birder who thought that reporting a ‘heard only’ Honey Buzzard in Worcestershire the other day would in some way enhance their reputation.
  • Anyone who’s actually paid money to join the British Birding Association.
  • Anyone who voted for the so-called President of the aforesaid organisation.
  • The other Presidential candidates.
  • Anyone who knows the true identity of ‘Mr White’.
  • Someone who can tell us what ‘skor’ means.
  • The birding advisers for Bill Bailey’s Big Birdwatch – Tim Appleton wants a word with you.
We don’t want to hear from:
  • Anyone who has anything more to say about House Finch moult.
  • Anyone who gets excited by putative 1st-winter Thayer’s Gulls, or indeed 1st-winters of any large gull. It’s just not right.
  • The October 2009 ‘Shetland Stringer’ – fucking hell, I hope he’s not going again this year!
And we still haven’t heard from:
  • Anyone who actually witnessed L.Y.R.E. ticking the Pacific Swift at Cley.


15 comments:

Mark said...

It might be old hat but it's still a classic.

"The Shetland 2009 stringer" I though there was three of us ;-)

I thought I'd get that in before Hague, Lawson et al

The Leicester Llama said...

As self-styled President of the British Stringing Association, I hereby decree that that 'incident' be stricken from the records and never mentioned again. Anyway, they can't talk with their fucking pipit the other year....

Mark said...

Ah yes the 'many pipit'

Anonymous said...

Woah there! I haven't made any comments at all. The 'Many Pipit' was dropped by me once someone had better views than I had and I haven't tried to push it since. I fucked up and I'm big enough to admit it.

Mark said...

That's it Andy looks like we've got 1/3 of the Levenwick Losers rattled now for the other 2 ;-)

The Leicester Llama said...

Shouldn't be too hard!

James said...

judging by his blog you might want to check out the English teacher as well...excellent post as always, i guess you never did hear from that Craig chap?!

davidearlgray said...

Oh fighting talk from the pie man and Llama, bring it on, bring it on!!;-)

The Leicester Llama said...

That's two down - just Lawson to wind up now!

Anonymous said...

I can't get Lawson to bite on demand but how about I give you LRG Ego?
http://uk400clubrarebirdalert.blogspot.com/2010/09/worrying-increase-in-offensive-blog-and.html

The Leicester Llama said...

Yes, I saw that. But apart from Reservoir Cats, I'm not aware of any new ones - just the same old ones that have been mining a rich vein of unwitting comedy for years!

Anonymous said...

Try this http://archiesbirding.blogspot.com/

davidearlgray said...

LGREgos probably having a dig at the drunkbirder,Llama and the Pie man?!

The Leicester Llama said...

But that's not an increase in 'offensive' blogs, is it? We've all been around and being offensive for years.

Anonymous said...

It's just an increase in satire that one or two touchy individuals ought to just get on and laugh at. If you're going to be the self-proclaimed President of the BBA or wear a yellow T-shirt about your 500th British bird in Ireland you deserve a mauling and need to take it on the chin!